I had an appointment with the ankle doctor today. The actual MD doctor and not the PA. I was hoping for big things. I was hoping for balloons and I was hoping he’d take out a big switch and set it to “Normal.” I was hoping for a hug and a cheer saying “you’re healed!”
Alas, it turns out there is no “Normal” switch and that was very disappointing. Also disappointing was that there wasn’t even one balloon. There were Dum-Dum lollipops at the reception desk though.
It was a very short visit. I spent more time waiting to see the doctor than I did actually seeing him. He couldn’t get out of the exam room fast enough, I actually had to call him back when he was walking out the door to ask my few measly questions.
OK, it was a good visit, but remember this is my place to complain so the complaints really had to come first. Here’s what he said:
- Everything is healing as it should be (yay!)
- I do not have to wear the brace around the house or the office or when I’m sleeping, just when I’m going to be doing a lot of walking around
- I can go for walks, I can do the elliptical
- No running or aerobics (oh darn)
- No high heels (sucks)
- I get to start physical therapy
- I have to go back in a month
See, it is a good report and I’m really happy to be doing well, but this is not exciting. No balloons, no hugs, no “Normal” switch.